We strive to maintain a professional and compliant atmosphere. However, issues can arise. The Grievance Procedure is a means for patients and related parties to inquire into is- sues raised, and identify whether action needs to be taken to resolve identified issues and prevent recurrence. The Facility Administrator will record the grievance complaint and conduct a prompt investigation for quick resolution. Any patient and/or support person, visitor, employee, physician, or vendor may lodge a grievance using the Center’s procedure to formally voice complaints, resolve disputes, or to bring attention to possible violations of patient rights. No person shall be punished or retaliated against for using the Grievance Procedure.
Any grievances, comments and complaints are addressed to the Facility Administrator. Complete details and a copy of the Center’s Grievance Policy, as well as a Grievance form may be obtained by contacting the Center Administrator at (631) 647-5550.
Complaints and concerns can be expressed in any one of the following ways:
- Discuss with your physician
- Discuss with the Center’s Administrator at 631- 647- 5550, or write to:
South Shore Surgery Center, 53 Brentwood Road, Suite F Bay Shore, NY 11706
- Call the New York State Department of Health complaint hotline at 1-800-804-5447, or write to:
NYS Department of Health Hospital & Primary
Care Program • Suffolk County Office
320 Carleton Avenue, Suite 5000,
Central Islip, NY 11722
- Call Medicare Beneficiary Hotline at: 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) or contact the Medicare Ombudsman via the world wide web: https://www.medicare.gov/claims-and-appeals/medicare-rights/get-help/ombudsman.html
- Call the AAAHC at (847) 853-6060